Discrimination is against the law.
Vision Institute Northwest complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Vision Institute Northwest does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Vision Institute Northwest provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
Vision Institute Northwest provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
You can file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights:
- Electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf
- By mail at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Ave. SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, DC 20201
- By phone at 1-800-368-1019; 800-537-7697 (TDD)
How to File a Civil Rights Complaint
- Complaint forms are available at www.hhs.gov
Affordable Care Act